| Shopping Cart ITG shopping cart

shareITG Diet Member Forum

Have questions or want to share your weight loss success stories?
Here's the place!

Welcome to the ITG Diet Community! Connect with thousands of people who, like you, are getting healthy with the ITG Diet Plan. Whether you have questions, stories to share or just want to connect with fellow weight loss members, we've provided this online tool just for you!

If you're not already a member of the ITG Diet or have questions before getting started, then feel free to look around at what other members are saying.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The recipes are endless with the ITG Diet foods. We've been thrilled over the years to hear about the delicacies our members have inspired us with. Share some of your greatest hits here!

TOPIC: Ground Turkey Dish

Ground Turkey Dish 09 Sep 2014 11:21 #261

Over the weekend I was experimenting and had 2 pounds of ground turkey to work with and I didn't want to make anything that my husband or kids wouldn't eat with me (they're picky ones sometimes!)

I decided to forget about the hamburger helper type stuff and prepackaged foods they like for a quick dinner and I made my own version with lots of vegetables, no pasta or bread. I'm going to get the whole family eating healthy! So...

-I preheated a large sautee pan and cooked the very lean, organic ground turkey (you can use lean ground beef too).
-In another pan I cooked sliced zucchini, squash, and baby portabella mushrooms in just a tablespoon or two of extra virgin olive oil on medium-high heat.
-Combine the veggies and turkey in the large pan, and season with your Sea Salt shaker and pepper. I even added a bit of crushed red pepper for a bit of a kick! You don't have to if you don't like spicy foods.
-Add a tiny bit of water to the pan and and toss in a couple handfuls of spinach, or kale if you like a heartier green.
-Continue to stir the mixture and get the greens to the desired softness, and serve!

You can really use any veggies you like, we just happen to like zucchini and squash a lot. You could make this so easily a couple times a week with salad on the side, it only takes about 30 minutes to prep and cook, its very filling...And the leftovers reheat the next day very well!

Enjoy!
-Lashonda
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ITG Diet

Replies in Topic: Ground Turkey Dish

Ground Turkey Dish Lashonda Parker 09 Sep 2014 11:21
Ground Turkey Dish Grace Kay 16 Sep 2014 15:50
Ground Turkey Dish Lashonda Parker 19 Sep 2014 10:42
ITG Diet on facebook
ITG Diet on twitter
ITG Diet on YouTube